A comprehensive way to write a good argumentative essay
Argumentative essays have the power to persuade the audience. When you are supposed to write the one, you need to go through various steps.
Planning stage: Take a few minutes and arrange your points before you embark on the journey of writing an argumentative piece. It will make an effective composition and will assist the audience to see the points from various perspectives.
Search a brilliant topic: Among various topics that have various issues, pick the one with most sparking and conflicting points. The drawn conclusion should also be highly variable. Ensure that you have strong reasoning to support with appropriate evidence. It will help you to shape your arguments with strong beliefs and reasonable and logical arguments. Prepare the list for and against the issues.
List both the sides of the topic and take position accordingly: For this, make a list that you will favor and get ready to shoot down the other one with strong responses. Provide proof to your claims as why you are taking one’s position. It is the time to gather evidences with when, why, where and how factors in consideration.
Writing stage: After strong foundation has been created, start crafting your essay. Divide your composition into three parts- introduction, body and conclusion.
Introduce the topic: Assert your opinion here. Explain your topic briefly with some background information and then write the thesis statement. State your position on the controversial topic.
Reveal both the sides of the argument: This is the meat of your thesis and is called as the body of the essay. Offer a detailed structure writing the strongest points of the counter side of the issue first and then in the decreasing order of importance. After you have described the second side, express your viewpoint. Now, state why you have chosen the relevant side and provide the evidence. Provide statistics and anecdotal stories.
In the conclusion: Restate your stand with the most sensible points writing one paragraph summary.
Some more tips:
- Emotional language should not be used.
- Never make up evidences or see bad sources
- Be ready to face the challenge raised by your teacher or other student.
- Pick a general topic and then narrow it down.
- Do not sound ambiguous.
- Keep a track if your composition sounds interesting to your reader at every step. A monotonous composition never grabs the reader’s attention.
- If you can back up a social issue with facts and strong opinions, then do not be afraid to take stand for a controversial topic.
- Revise and edit your paper at least 3 times.
- Tips on profile essays
- Samples about Gibbs model
- Buying papers with ease
- Narrative paper templates
- In quest of writing assistance
- Finding persuasive expositions
- Cause-and-effect essay tips on happiness
- Finding a descriptive exposition paper template
- How to become an essay writer
- Romeo and Juliet: narrative paper tips
- In quest of good writers
- Finding argumentative paper samples
- Where to find proofread essays